This course by the FAO elearning Academy has been developed to improve the capacity of small-scale producers, their organizations, and small and medium-sized enterprises to access investment and other forms of finance. Facilitating this allows these stakeholders to derive socioeconomic benefits from their participation in forest value chains, and also complements the resources of official channels in contributing to achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This course is intended for:
- Forest producers and their organizations, especially those who have business ideas with potential for scaling up.
- Staff of producer organizations.
- Small and medium-sized business advisors.
You will learn about
- The concept of bankability and the characteristics of a bankable business plan.
- How to collect and organize information for each of the ten steps of the bankable business plan.
- How financing needs change depending on the enterprise’s life stage.
- Investment criteria of different investor types.
Find more information under ‘Get started’