Learn to make a farm sustainable Economically and EnvironmentallySustainability in Agriculture has become increasingly important over recent times. It is no longer sufficient to just be productive and the cost of production is no longer just thought of in terms of money. The environmental resources of a farm as well as the financial must not deteriorate if a farm is to continue to exist into the future.
By systematically working through a programming process, the farm owner/manager is able to increase their control over projects; having the ability to see at a glance what the financial position of any component of their work might be.
There are 8 lessons in this course
- Land Care
- Broad Management Strategies
- Plant Enterprises
- Animal Enterprises
Course developed by John Mason, author of "Sustainable Agriculture", published by Landlinks Press (CSIRO).
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Available learning options:
- Correspondence (Paper notes )
- E-Learning (USB stick)
- Online (5% discount) (via web)
This course is aimed at:
- All farmers who would like to have a more sustainable approach to farm management.
- Hobby farmers - if want to be environmentally sound in your approach to land management.
- People working as consultants to farmers in order to understand the latest approaches to sound farm practices.