Come and join the pre-event towards the 5th European Agroforestry Conference, Agroforestry and the Green Architecture of the New cap. The three-day event will be held on the 16th, 17th and 18th of November 2020 and hosted in the framework of the yearly initiative dedicated to the “Inauguration of the Forestry Year of Sardinia” promoted by an institutional partnership formed of the Autonomous Region of Sardinia, local Universities, local agencies and Chamber of Commerce.
The new CAP is entering trialogue discussions between the Commission, European Parliament and the Council of Agricultural Ministers. Agroforestry is mentioned in several places in the draft Strategic Plan Regulation, and in the Farm to Fork Strategy and Biodiversity Strategies, which are all part of the European Green deal.
Its considerable potential is stressed, but so too are the administrative and knowledge barriers.
This workshop focuses on overcoming these barriers.
- What lessons can be learnt from previous agroforestry policies? What policy instruments should be proposed in the new CAP? What is the role of research and extension?
- How can Member States use the new policies to encourage agroforestry in ways specific to their needs? Are there opportunities for carbon farming funds outside the CAP?
- Follow the streaming of the event (the link will be online soon)
- Scarica il programma dell’Anno Forestale 2020
- Download the Programme Agroforestry and the green architecture of the new cap