Global Forest Observations Initiative (GFOI) partner the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is inviting to a discussion session on how forest monitoring can catalyze change on the ground by informing policy-making and enabling better forest management.
During the event, a newly produced FAO Working Paper #16: “Better data, better decisions – towards impactful forest monitoring” will be launched.
- TED talk exploring the link between forest monitoring and problem solving to open the webinar (Till Neeff, FAO)
- Panel discussion with
- Paulo Moutinho, IPAM, Brazil
- Aurélie Shapiro, WWF
- Horline Njike, Epse Bilogue Mvogo, Juriste Environnementaliste, Cameroon
- Christoph Kleinn, Göttingen University, Germany
- Questions and answer with the audience