Are you looking for an online course where you can get your questions answered?
Are you interested in learning Holistic Management but can’t find a course near you?
Would you like to connect with like-minded land managers from all corners of the world?
Start your Holistic Management training no matter where you are!
Online learning allows you to fully interact with the instructor and other students in live webinars or on your own time with recordings. Whether you are a beginning farmer or a rancher with years of conventional agricultural experience, you’ll benefit from these courses.
If you raise crops and are excited about Regenerative Agriculture, HMI’s Holistic Cropping Planning Course will give you the tools to grow healthy crops, healthy soil, and healthy profits.
In this course, you will learn how to effectively manage your cropland and cropping practices to increase soil fertility and resilience as well as increase production and profitability from your cropping practices. Learn how to complete crop production planning in the context of regenerative and conservation agriculture.
This curriculum was developed with input from master farmers and educators and explains key cropping concepts such as no-till, cover cropping, cocktail seeding, mulching, intercropping, shelterbelts, perennial crops, and integrating livestock.
- Soil fertility building principles and practices
- How to integrate livestock into cropping practices
- How to identify crop management issues and address them profitably
- Understanding how key practices like cover crops, polyseeding, permaculture, interplanting, and perennial crops can work together to create resilient and profitable landscapes.
- Create a crop plan that addresses both cash crops and ecosystem strategies
- Create a field map for ease of management
- Prioritize management decisions to integrate ecosystem strategies with cash crops
- Develop a crop sequence
- Learn how to implement crop plans and address crop management issues
- Learn how to integrate crop plan with a financial plan
This course provides planning worksheets and templates as well as examples of completed worksheets and a long list of multi-media resources for further study. Weekly interactive webinars last 90 minutes each week for four weeks.
Note: Webinars are recorded for viewing at your leisure.
To learn more about our other Getting Started Online Learning Courses, visit https://holisticmanagement.org
Scholarship Deadline: January 10, 2020
Registration Deadline: January 13, 2020