- Justin O’Dea, WSU Extension, Region Agriculture Specialist discusses Clark County’s Agriculture Potential.
- Rowan Steele, Headwater Farm Program Manager shares information about the Farm Incubator Program at the reclaimed 60-acre property on the outskirts of Gresham owned and managed by the East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD).
- Rachel Reister, Reister Farms, a third-generation farmer and rancher practicing regenerative agriculture techniques that increase biodiversity will give her perspective on the challenges and opportunities in Clark County.
- For the panel discussion and network with our community
- Connected to a responsive network that will address the needs of our local food system.
The Clark County Food System Council increases and preserves access to safe, local and healthy food for all residents of Clark County.
The Clark County Food System Council was formed to:
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive dialogue and assessment of the current food system in our community;
- Provide a forum for people involved in different parts of our community food system and government to meet and learn about how each others’ actions impact our food system;
- Identify and prioritize issues and make recommendations that promote, support and strengthen access to healthy food for citizens in our community
- This is a FREE event.