This two-day workshop will be filled with interactive, hand-on sessions which include the basic principles of Low-Stress Livestock Handling and an introduction to Holistic Planned Grazing principles and practices. Register soon because space is limited so everyone has an opportunity to practice their skills hands-on!
Benefits include: improved weight gains, lower vet bills, reduced labor costs, reduced predation, reduced injuries and stress to animals, and an ability to move animals more efficiently.
- Developing working relationships with your livestock
- Holistic Grazing Planning and how to use low–stress livestock handling to improve land health
- Basic principles of Low-Stress livestock handling
- Touch on sorting techniques for alleys and pens
- Techniques for handling calves, and for moving and gathering cow/calf pairs
- Touch on how-tos for successful health checks, pen riding, and working singles
- Touch on using low–stress principles for processing & shipping
Location: El Sueño Ranch, 26262 Hwy 285 Stanley, NM 87056
Speaker: Guy Glosson, Holistic Management Certified Educator
Guy Glosson has been repeatedly recognized for outstanding land stewardship and livestock handling has over 30 years of experience in ranch management, low-stress livestock handling and consulting to farmers and ranchers. Down to earth, with an engaging style, Guy has coached hundreds of people in his successful management methods. Under his holistic approach to land stewardship, he has enhanced the fertility and profitability of the ranch where he has been a manager for the past 26 years.
In 2011, he was recognized for his success with the award for Outstanding Leadership in Ranching from the Quivira Coalition, an organization dedicated to bringing together ranchers, environmentalists, scientists and public land stewards in the American West. Mesquite Grove Ranch ranch, under Guy’s management, received the prestigious Lone Star Land Steward Award from Texas Parks and Wildlife. Check out Guy working in Africa at this link: https://vimeo.com/132003498
As one of the early Holistic Managers, he has implemented planned grazing to increase the biological health and productivity of the Mesquite Grove Ranch in TX. Guy attributes much of this success to excellent stockmanship. Many of Guy’s students have gone on to support the claims that good stockmanship is fundamental to land and animal health. Come to El Sueño Ranch for a unique opportunity to meet and work with one of the all-time great stockmen, Guy Glosson.
- Advanced registration is $400 per person.
- Online registration closes August 19, 2020.
- Walk in registration is $425 per person, if available.