Chloe Johnson and Kim Butz, Local Produce Safety Coordinators with the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association, will be teaching a workshop at the UNC Pembroke Thomas Entrepreneurship Hub Incubator on GAP and food safety for produce farms.
Famers can expect to leave this workshop with:
- An understanding of what it means to be “GAP Certified,”
- A template for the required Food Safety Plan,
- Examples of practices you should implement on your farm,
- Knowledge about what to expect on audit day, and
- A certificate for your participation.
Going through the Harmonized GAP certification process will give you access to the RainDai cooler, open up wholesale markets, and protect your farm.
Workshop Venue: UNC Pembroke Thomas Entrepreneurship Hub, 202 Main Street Pembroke, NC 28372