A conference for farmers, ranchers, and industry to grow regenerative agriculture.
The Western Canadian Holistic Management Conference is partnering with Organic Alberta to provide 3 days of information, insight, and inspiration.
- Practical Tools for Your Farm: Holistic Management educates and empowers people to make socially, environmentally and financially sound decisions. Take home new ideas and practices to improve your land and your business.
- Inspiring Community: Known for attracting an amazing community of farm families this is the place to meet farmers who are exploring new practices, ways of thinking and supporting the paradigm shift in our agriculture and food systems.
- New Information from Experts: Regenerative agriculture offers solutions to many of the challenges facing society today. Hear from world-renowned experts on the impact regenerative farmers are making.
- Great Food: While feeding your mind, we’ll feed your stomach with food from regenerative and organic farmers across Alberta. We are committed to farmers who are growing nutrient-dense food that is good for people and good for the land.
Friday, Jan. 31
- Value of Legumes and Forages in Building Soil Productivity – Jeff Schoenau, University of Saskatchewan
- Soil Testing on Organic and Ecological Farms Rob Dunn, Agrologist
- Organic Grain Marketing – Brenda Tjaden, Sustainable Grain
- Made in Alberta: Organic Agronomy Research – Dr. Monika Gorzelak, Dr. Frank Larney, Dr. Hiroshi Kubota, Agriculture, and Agri-food Canada
- Livestock Marketing Bryce Lebrau, Prairie Pristine Organics
- Regenerating your land and growing your profits: An Intro to Holistic Management – Dana Penrice, Holistic Management Canada
- Regenerative Tools to Help Your Farm: Producer Panel on planned grazing, cover cropping, multi-species grazing
- Farm Clubs: Building a community of practice around regenerative and organic farming – Holistic Management Canada and Organic Alberta
- Lessons for the Future of Farming and Ranching after 100 Podcast Interviews – Clay Conry, Working Cows Podcast
- Understanding wealth generation on the farm: growing financial capital through ecological capital – Bluesette Campbell, Holistic Management Canada
- Keeping rural communities alive, building community through food and farm experiences. – Ian Griebel, Dana Blume, Jenna and Brett Hauck, Nikki Wiart, Prairie Pasture Project
- Benchmarking: Setting up Ecological Monitoring on Your Farm and Opportunities in the Land to Market Program – Dana Penrice, Prairie Pasture Savory Hub
- Currency in CANADIAN $