Visions of an Ancient Wisdom - Northey Street City Farm Permaculture Design Course
We need to create a vision. We need to change the climate of our minds. We need to rebuild our inner landscapes. We need a positive, solution-focused way of thinking. We need to be inspired, and we have to act. We need to heal ourselves, our landscapes, our relationship with nature and our culture & communities. We need to learn how to reconnect with nature so we can mimic it in the design of our present and our future.
This unique course, delivered over 16 weeks in Brisbane, gives you the knowledge and skills to observe and design from natural patterns to create productive gardens & properties.
You will learn how to grow your own food, apply appropriate technologies, use resources wisely, build on living systems and rebuild communities.
- Build Resilience through Connectivity
- Facilitate Regeneration of the Earth
- Create Abundance through Design
Our skilled educators will give you the attention you need with more time for questions and conversations. We will dive deep into our subjects and have time to discuss your personal projects.
YOU WILL LEARN
- the history of permaculture and agriculture and the foundational concepts of the permaculture ethics and design principles
- to design from ecological pattern literacy, systems thinking, using Ethics and Design principles, designing from the whole, differentiated into parts
- to use the Scale of Permanence to give realistic outcomes for any design
- climate analogues and how varied micro-climates affect your site
- the patterns of our intent and that of our landscapes, elements and their functional connections in your design to minimize waste
- to savour our soils: soil biology, amendments, uses and putting it all together
- about trees and forests and how we can integrate them into our systems
- how we can cultivate our ecology to produce food based on our unique needs by including annuals, perennials, forest gardens, and animals into our systems
- to enhance our communities and local economies through social permaculture design
- a practical understanding of the design process through group and individual design work
Cost Details$1140/ $873 Health Care Card Holder Early Bird Discount (full payment one month prior to course commencement) + Eventbrite Fee
$1250/ $930 Health Care Card Holder+ Eventbrite Fee
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE FEE
- Rosemary Morrow’s ‘Earth Users Guide to Permaculture’
- Extensive resources and handouts to complement course outcomes
- Design from day one and all through the course rather than just an end exercise.
- Teachers whose conceptual understanding of the permaculture design process complements their broad range of knowledge and experience to create an immersive learning environment
- Hands-on experience at a 25-year-old permaculture site in Brisbane
- Four months devoted to studying and living permaculture.