The land is your life support system—sound planning means everything. Build drought & fire resilience, biodiversity & Soil Carbon. Increase rainfall effectiveness!
Learn how to develop and implement a successful grazing plan. This powerful step-by-step grazing planning process developed by Allan Savory is good for your grass, livestock, wildlife, soil, monitoring, and especially your wallet.
- Learn why Carrizo Ranch changed their grazing management.
- Learn from people who use this grazing planning process to build soil, grassland health, animal performance & profit.
- Learn how to accelerate improvements in annual grassland, native perennial grassland, oak woodland, irrigated pasture, wetlands and riparian habitats using livestock.
- Learn how to stop over-grazing plants, over-resting land, and the power of high animal impact to more quickly improve the land.
- Learn by doing a grazing plan for the Carrizo Ranch. Bring your rain gear!
- Michael Dennis, DVM, Carrizo Ranch owner/operator.
- Richard King, 29 years of experience practicing holistic planned grazing on his own ranch and helping others learn. Retired from USDA-NRCS. Certified Professional Educator with both Holistic Management International and the Savory Institute. Certified Professional with the CA State Board of Forestry & Fire Protection and Society for Range Management.
- Carrizo & Las Piletas Ranches
- Upper Salinas - Las Tablas Resource Conservation District
- Cachuma Resource Conservation District
- Must register by March 2, 2020.
- If necessary, limited space may be prioritized for land managers with livestock.
- The registration fee includes all meals.
- Many beds provided—room for RVs too.