Learn how to pivot your farm into a diversified, resilient polyculture with tree crops, livestock, fruits and vegetables, and more, from restoration agriculture specialist Mark Shepard.
You will learn:
Specific tools and techniques which will be discussed include:
- Alley cropping
- Polyculture and permaculture
- Multi-story forest cropping
- Erosion best management practices
- Integrated specialty crops
Change Your Farming Practices
Through this course you will gain new insight into radically transitioning your farm away from the commodity-crop treadmill.
- Integrated Polyculture - Learn how to revision your farm into a diversified, resilient polyculture with tree crops, livestock, fruits and vegetables, and more.
- Permaculture - Understand the core principles of permaculture design; you will be better able to choose crops and methods of diversification most suited to your farm, your climate, and your interests and abilities.
- Permaculture Meets Agroforestry - Learn how to apply the principles of permaculture and the techniques of agroforestry to a specific property to design an integrated system producing food, fuel, fiber, medicines and wildlife habitat.