Kiss the Ground and Terra Genesis International (TGI) have come together to respond to the loud request from the natural products industry. We’ve heard your desire to work in a way that contributes to regeneration. And also your question “How do we do it?”
Building on the success of Kiss the Ground’s Soil Advocate Training, and TGI’s experience from over a decade of working on regeneration, this course will create a community for brands to explore their questions together, and to take concrete steps towards regeneration.
This course will include a mix of content focused on specific topics like agriculture, supply, climate change, live Q & A with the instructors to look at specific challenges, and breakout group opportunities that will give you the space to develop the direction of your company.
In this course you will learn:
- How climate change and other global ecological crises are creating new categories and degrees of risk for industries and investors - and how building regenerative supply relationships can mitigate that risk.
- How the science and principles of regenerative agriculture can be applied on the ground to real production systems and ingredients.
- How to evaluate the differences between organic, “sustainable”, and regenerative agriculture systems, and the diverse values and drawbacks of labeling and certifications.
- How to go beyond merely “sourcing” and build resilient, mutually beneficial relationships with producers and communities. How to design investments in regenerative agriculture production to offset company externalities directly within your supply chain.
- How to evaluate your company’s potential for engagement with regenerative agriculture, and develop a customized plan for getting more deeply involved in the field.
- Connor Stedman is a holistic farm planner and educator who works to mitigate climate change while building viable farm businesses and economies. He is a lead ecological designer and supply consultant with Terra Genesis International, lead faculty at the Omega Institute for Sustainable Living, an affiliate instructor, and advisor with the University of Vermont’s Leadership for Sustainability program, and a member of the Regenerative Business Alliance.
- Russell Wallack is an ecological designer, regenerative business educator, and chestnut farmer based in Amherst, MA. He is the Director of Operations for Terra Genesis International, and he is helping to create a commercial chestnut industry in the Northeast U.S. The core of Russell’s work is to help landowners, business leaders, and college-aged athletes to develop their ability to see life at work. He led the development of the BRASA process and uses this watershed-level lens to support a variety of stakeholders in their pursuit of regeneration.
- November 21, 2019
- December 5, 2019
- December 19, 2019
- January 9, 2020
- January 23, 2020
- February 6, 2020
Cost DetailsEarly-Bird Special through October 24, 2019, $1,450.
The standard price is $1,950.
Live online sessions via zoom can be attended from anywhere. All of our live classes are recorded and posted the following day to our online course platform.
All class recordings are available for you to watch on your own time throughout the duration of the course. You will have access to this course until August 2020 - don't worry, you can download just about everything from the course!
This course is designed for companies and brands seeking to engage directly with healthy soil solutions and regenerative agriculture through purchasing and supply chains.