This course has been designed to provide participants with knowledge about the functions of soil organisms and highlights the importance of soil organisms for soil health.
The course presents techniques to identify and monitor soil biological health and manage soil organisms for sustainable land management.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe a biologically healthy soil distinguish key groups of soil organisms in practice
- describe benefits contributed by soil organisms to ecosystem functions
- identify management strategies for maintaining and increasing soil biological health
- develop and use a monitoring plan to measure presence of soil organisms.
There are six modules in this course:
- Introduction to soil biological health
- Soil food webs Life in the soil environment
- Benefits of soil organisms
- Farm practices and soil biology
- Monitoring of soil organisms
Course resources are provided.