The Land Accelerator is always seeking amazing folks to join our network of mentors. You can be located anywhere in the world, as most of our mentorship occurs virtually.
However, we also invite members of our mentor network who are located in Delhi, Mexico City or Nairobi to join us at our Land Accelerator in-person workshops. Mentorship opportunities with the Land Accelerator are pro-bono opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with others.
Impact of Mentorship
As a mentor, you will form an integral part of our support system for land restoration entrepreneurs. You will be involved with:
- Vetting and providing input on which entrepreneurs will be invited to join the Land Accelerator program.
- Identifying weaknesses and strengths in business plans.
- Guiding entrepreneurs as they seek investments.
- Sharing resources (links, knowledge, contacts) with entrepreneurs.
- Mentor Commitments
- Participate in two to five 90-minute mentorship calls. You select which entrepreneurs you will support.
- If you are located in a city where we host the Land Accelerator, you are invited to attend in-person sessions.
- Optionally, you can identify your ability or interest to lead a webinar or serve on a panel on specific topics.
- Invite one to three other people to join as mentors.
Mentorship Call Structure
- WRI will organize one mentorship call for each entrepreneur.
- This is a 90-minute call where three to five mentors join in to give feedback and ask questions about the business.
- Mentors can select which entrepreneur they would like to advise (two to five are suggested).
- The entrepreneur will prepare a slide deck or business plan for mentors to review ahead of time.
- Mentors will jump on the call, prepared to give feedback and ask questions.
- Mentors will fill out a form that delivers written feedback to the entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurs are encouraged to reach out as needed to mentors.
- Mentors are encouraged to respond to the entrepreneurs.
Selection of Main Mentors
After the mentorship calls, the entrepreneurs will select which mentors they would like to collect with. WRI will send the invitations to the mentors, which a mentor may accept or decline.
The responsibilities involved with becoming a mentor of a Land Accelerator company are:
- Going over the goals and milestone plan the entrepreneur will present to you during your first call. This will form a roadmap for the following four months of interaction between you and the company.
- Jump on at least one check-in call each month for a total of four months.
- Be open to ad hoc requests from the entrepreneur for advice and guidance.
For even more details about how you can become a mentor to a land restoration entrepreneur, please download our informative slide deck here.