This webinar, sponsored by La Crosse Seed, explores several ways farmers and agronomists are working together to improve soil health, boost yields and profits by adopting cover crops targeted for specific traits. Brandon Van Middendorp of La Crosse Seed will be joined by a panel including Betsy Bower of Ceres Solutions, Don Daniels of Centerra Co-Op and two Midwest growers for this free webinar.
Reserve your spot today to learn about:
- How retailers and farmers are benefiting from working together on cover crop selections
- Farmer and retailer takeaways from working with cover crops
- Measuring impacts on yield, profitability and soil health as a result of growing cover crops
- What cover crops can teach about nutrient uptake and cycling, interactions with insects and moisture management
- Soil Health Partnership experience: farmer and retailer perspectives
- Why these retailers choose to be stewards of cover crops
About the Speakers:
- Betsy Bower, Agronomist, Ceres Solutions – for more than 25 years, Betsy Bower has been a trusted agronomic voice in the Indiana agriculture community. A professional certified crop advisor, Betsy’s areas of expertise include working with no-till and conventional customers on improving their cropping system regarding nutrient, pest and irrigation management and cover crops. Betsy has a degree in Agronomy from Purdue University and a Master’s degree in Agronomy from the University of Nebraska.
- Don Daniels, VP Sales and CCA, Centerra Co-op – Don grew up on a small grain farm in North Central Ohio. In addition to his 32 years in ag retail, he is also a certified crop advisor and ag consultant and assists his brother with the management of the home farm. The Daniels have been farming 100% no-till since the mid-1980s and have been actively using cover crops since 2012.