Located on 240 acres of forest and grassland bordered by Western Washington’s Snoqualmie River, Oxbow’s mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations. We have recently adopted a ten-year vision to dramatically increase our impact and reach, and to diversify our sources of funding.
We seek to become a vibrant hub for inspiration and learning, known for our creative and engaging year-round programming—a source for real-time practices that promote climate resilience and excite people to make choices in support of healthy food and a sustainable environment. We are seeking a senior-level Director of Business Development to join the leadership team as we embark on these ambitious plans.
About the Position
Do you have a head for business with a nonprofit heart? Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center seeks a creative, entrepreneurial individual to lead new business development strategies for our growing non-profit organization. Working closely with the Executive Director, the position sources and cultivates partnerships and focuses on capacity-building and programmatic strategies that support our organizational growth. A successful Director of Business Development will develop and execute an ambitious plan to drive earned revenue for Oxbow’s Farm, Native Plant Nursery, Education and Membership Programs. They will supervise the Marketing/Communications and Public Engagement/Events team, elevating these functions to build Oxbow’s brand and increase our connection to key audiences.
- The Director of Business Development will develop leads, design and present concepts, and close new relationships to drive our earned revenue goals. They will drive the marketing strategy for Oxbow’s key programs, with an aim toward increasing earned revenue and developing strategic partnerships.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop overarching strategy to secure new relationships that result in increased earned revenue for each of our business branches—our 15 acre Farm, Native Plant Nursery, and Education programs.
- Provide strategic direction of Oxbow’s Membership program, creating and achieving strategies for growth, engagement, and retention through events, communications, partnerships, and other engagement opportunities.
- Working with the Director of Programs and Program Managers, establish relationships and develop new profile-raising business opportunities for business branches— Farm, Native Plants, Education– with a focus on key partnerships in target audiences.
- Design and direct marketing strategy for growing our earned revenue through sales of our organic produce, native plants, and educational experiences.
- Design and lead new strategies to scale our programs to reach new underserved audiences.
- Develop Oxbow-wide messaging, as well as plans and campaigns for particular programs, working closely with Director of Programs and program managers.
- Measure, track and analyze marketing results to inform effective decision making.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts.
- Meet annual financial goals as determined by the Executive Director and Oxbow’s Board of Directors.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience (e.g., business development, marketing, entrepreneurial non-profit management, or related)
- Demonstrated track-record of building revenue for mission-based organizations
- Demonstrated success with developing and executing impactful partnerships
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading, managing, and building capacity of high performing teams
- Knowledge and experience in budget management and fiscal oversight for teams/departments
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to accept feedback; devotion to continuous growth
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter; able to take initiative in the face of ambiguity, create alignment of key constituencies and drive to action
- Fluent working in Microsoft suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
This is a regular, full-time position, with a competitive compensation package, including 100% employer paid healthcare, annual dental stipend, generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary depends on qualifications.Apply via Regen Farming News →