Since 1993, Vermont Compost Company has been a growing organization, producing coveted compost and potting soil for organic farmers throughout the Northeast and Midwest.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for someone to join our Fulfillment and Operations Team. The responsibilities of this team are very production oriented, with a bit of farming and customer service mixed in; including but not limited to:
- Coordinating with our Sales Team to fill all compost and potting soil order
- Loading trucks for outbound orders of bagged and bulks product
- Greeting walk-in customers, instructing them on where to park, clarifying product type and updating documentation as needed
- Maintaining quality assurance protocols to ensure our customers are getting the best product possible
- Grounds maintenance such as plowing, mowing, weeding, landscaping
- Heavy equipment operation and maintenance – frequently operating a front-end loader and engaging in some basic care such as greasing and cleaning
Our ideal candidate is someone that has some tractor/heavy machinery experience, or a strong desire to learn, enjoys physically active work (often outside), has a positive attitude, shows up on time, can commit to a full time schedule, and wants to be a part of an organization doing some real good work up on our little hill, just outside of Montpelier.
Compensation for this opportunity includes $15/hour, consistent wage growth, opportunities to earn overtime pay, paid lunches, paid time off, 3% matching IRA, product discounts, a boot stipend and fresh eggs.Apply via Regen Farming News →