Prather Meats supplies the bay area with the Legendary Prather Ranch dry-aged and sustainably-raised beef from Northern California. Prather Ranch beef was one of the first fully-integrated beef operations on the West Coast and started selling direct to the bay area around 20 years ago. We now sell at multiple farmers markets and through an online store. We are a small family company and are looking for folks to work with us who care about food, agriculture, communities and environment as we do. Our distribution hub is located in Dublin, CA.
Prather Ranch is committed to the most natural way to raise wholesome beef for customers; the ranch does not administer growth-stimulating hormones or feed antibiotics. The animals are raised on certified organic pastures. No animal sourced proteins are fed to the cattle at the Prather Ranch to ensure a safe and pure product for customers. Computer based detailed records are kept on each individual animal and they are individually tracked through their entire life span.
Of the utmost importance is the certification by Humane Farm Animal Care. This certification ensures low stress cattle handling, provides open pastures and expansive grazing land to reinforce natural animal behaviors. The ranch follows a respectful and humane harvest process to ensure the highest quality of life for the cattle.
Background and Job Highlights:
Prather Meats sells the legendary Prather Ranch Beef at Bay Area Farmers’ markets and through an online store. We are looking for a key member to help us manage our quickly growing business.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the weekly operations of the business, including product and inventory management, fleet stewardship, order fulfilment, and farmers’ market weekend management. We believe this is an exciting and utterly unique opportunity for a hard-working individual with a strong sales background, sound analytical skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Basic math proficiency for simple calculations
- Comfortable working in team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Able to keep clear lines of communication between staff and management
- Proficient at cash handling
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Able to interact positively w/in the organization
- Able and willing to give constructive feedback to retail staff and management
Preferred Skills And Characteristics:
- Builds work environments that help people meet goals. Can help create and communicate policies, reports, procedures, merchandising, selling messages that foster an entrepreneurial culture.
- Sound analytical skills, i.e. has demonstrated ability to create and analyze sales reports
- Strong knowledge of meat, cooking, and sustainable agricultural practices
- Effective at face to face sales of high-quality food product
- Follows directions quickly and accurately with little guidance
- Holds high standards of excellence with unquestioned integrity
- Meat sales or warehousing experience
- Is energized by goals and thrives in a meritocracy that rewards goal breaking
- Ability to focus with attention to detail
- Organized and has ability to prioritize
- Proactive problem-solving mentality
- Hobbies demonstrate joy in goal setting/ achievement/ personal best accomplishment
- Success in starting a business and making it profitable or being part of a successful start-up
- Successful seller in several arenas even if not in food or meat
- Professional experience in a food service kitchen or butchery shop
Phone: (925) 858-0395