Since 2017, Smallhold has established itself as the leader in US specialty mushroom production with our products found in top retailers like Whole Foods and Central Market and some of the nation’s most exciting restaurant kitchens, such as Maison Yaki, the Standard Hotels, and Bunker Vietnamese.
Our mushrooms, farms, and team have been featured in publications like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Gizmodo, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart — to name a few.
What’s next for Smallhold? Our network is growing and with it we’re rapidly expanding our infrastructure, building farms in new markets and bringing specialty mushrooms to more people than ever before. We have big plans for this year and need people like you to help us spread our roots across the country!
Smallhold is in the process of a national scale-up. We are building our distributed network of farms in major cities throughout the United States. Current operations continue to grow at our recently launched hubs in Brooklyn, NY and Austin, TX, and we have an ambitious goal to expand to Southern California next.
This role will work closely with our Operations team to build our largest farm to date — a ~30,000sf facility near Los Angeles, CA. The SoCal Regional Manager will need to hire and develop a successful farm team, identify and outfit the facility with optimal equipment, manage construction, and ensure all facility production milestones are met.
The SoCal Regional Manager will report directly to the COO.
- 5+ years experience managing food manufacturing operations
- Systems development and implementation experience, including writing and implementing SOP’s, operational safety programs, food safety programs, inventory management systems and ERP implementation
- Leadership and team building from scratch
- Knowledge and experience operating and maintaining food production equipment
- Experience managing complex supply chains in a growing startup environment
- Demand planning and/or forecasting (with the support of sales and operations) and analysis
- Budget management experience
- Warehousing, fulfillment experience in a rapidly growing manufacturing, agricultural or similar environment
- Production planning in a farm or manufacturing role
- Produce, dairy or other highly perishable cold-chain experience
- Passion for the environment to the point that you’re willing to sometimes “do things the hard way” in order to keep a sustainable focus
- Strong cross-departmental communicator
Phone: (347) 514-3402