Soil Capital supports farmers with transitioning from conventional (industrial) to regenerative organic farming.
They have a team of seasoned agronomists and financial experts, operating from Belgium. They provide advise, trainings as well as farm management services. Focus on Europe and Argentina.
- Deep knowledge about sustainable agriculture techniques.
- A step-by-step approach (maturity model), making sure that each step in the process offers economic benefits as well as environmental improvements. This provides the economic means and trust in the approach. For instance, by focusing on techniques that increase the efficiency of agro-inputs, the farmer starts saving money directly.
- Long term involvement, gradually diversifying the system.
- Podcast of Nicolas Verschuere on transitioning to regenerative in a gradual way, without losing money
- Podcast of Charles de Liedekerke on the need for more regenerative and financially literate farm managers
- This video gives a nice illustration of what a diversified commercial regenerative farming operation can look like.