Commonland/4Returns Platform Privacy Statement
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, via your filled in online profile, aggregate information on what pages users access or visit, and information volunteered by the user (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register for the ‘4 Returns platform’ we ask for information such as your name, email address and content preferences. You can decide which of your data is being seen by everyone, members only or only you.
- The ‘4 Returns platform’ uses collected information for the following general purposes: knowledge exchange, sharing stories, 4 returns community building, connecting community members, providing tools, trainings, products, services improvement, contacts, and research.
- You are entitled at all times to remove your own data from the platform. Just go to your profile and choose the tab settings. There you can request a data export and, if you wish, to delete your account with us.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete your profile for accessing and uploading the platform’s content and the 4 returns community’s offline and online activities, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If you choose to provide the ‘4 Returns platform’ with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the Netherlands.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
Commonland / 4 Returns
1033 SE Amsterdam
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required when you create a profile.
The ‘4 Returns platform’ uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the platform. Although ‘4 Returns platform’ owns the platform and all rights to the ‘4 Returns platform’ application, you retain all rights to your data.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in the European Union, you are entitled to the following rights with regard to your personal information and data:
- Right of access to your personal data, to know what information about you we hold
- Right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data about yourself that we hold
- Right to restrict/suspend our processing of your personal data
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe your privacy rights are being violated
- Additional rights that may apply to you in certain instances:
- Right of data portability (if our processing is based on consent and automated means)
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent)
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests)
- Right to object to processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right of erasure of your personal data from our system (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met
The ‘4 Returns platform’ may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your ‘4 Returns’ primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Contact, questions and complaints
If you have questions or complaints or wishes regarding the way in which 4returns handles (your) personal data, you can contact us. You can use the information below.
1033 SE Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 811 66 03
If you are of the opinion that 4returns has not handled a complaint satisfactorily, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.